Monday, June 14, 2010

Super Summer and the Cowboys

We are here in Abilene at Hardin Simmons for
Super Summer and the camp pastor is former Dallas Cowboy Gordon Banks. He is currently pastoring in Washington State. He played for Tom Landry from 1985-1988. He has only spoken one time so far, just a preview really, but it was easy to see that he is passionate about Jesus. I spoke with him for a little while and cannot wait to hear more from him this week. He has sought to follow Jesus since he was a boy and continues to do so, putting much of the same energy into preaching and pastoring as he did playing football. I think the 2,000 students here this week are about to experience something great. I pray that I do as well! I'll be posting more this week on this blog and on our student web site, hbcstudent.org  Hope you benefit from the few things I'll have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment